- What is the history of the Toronto Zombie Walk?
- What is a Zombie Walk?
- Why are you dressing like Zombies?
- When is the 2012 Toronto Zombie Walk?
- Where is the 2012 Toronto Zombie Walk taking place?
- What are the rules of the Zombie Walk?
- How can I make myself look like a Zombie?
- Must I come as a Zombie?
- How can I help out with the Zombie Walk?
- How do I make a donation to The Toronto Zombie Walk?
- What is a Zombie Walk like? Can I bring my children?
- Can I bring weapons to the walk?
The zombie walk started one gloomy Sunday, a week before hallows eve in 2003. A handful of the living dead rose from their graves to wander the streets of Toronto in search of brains. The plague returned every year, and the zombie count grew into a large and deadicated legion of the undead. Not only did the plague hit Toronto, it hit New York, Vancouver, Ottawa, Melbourne and numerous other cities around the world. In 2006 The Toronto Zombie Walk joined forces with the Toronto After Dark Film Festival, to ensure zombies have an enjoyable evening of flicks to see after their flesh eating endeavors. 2012 marks our ten year anniversary and we are expecting over 7000 zombies!! Be one of us!
It’s basically what zombies do best, besides eating brains, they lurch shamble and drag barely hinged limbs down the street.
What other monsters have such unity as a mass in death?! Plus it’s just fun.
The 10th Annual Toronto Zombie Walk is on Saturday, October 20th. Further details to be announced!
This year’s walk will be starting at Nathan Phillips Square! More info to come!
We trust zombies will have eaten lots of brains and therefore have common sense. But, because of past complaints we have to point out a few important rules.
- Respect other people’s property. Eat brains, but leave no marks behind.
- Stay off the road, and try to shamble on the sidewalk.
- Respect other zombies, and the living’s personal space. No special mauling rights are given to zombies.
- You are responsible for your own corpse.
- Have fun!
Zombie makeup tips are available on our site on the Makeup Tips page. Here you will find links to a number of tutorials and videos for Zombie makeup as well as listings of stores you can purchase makeup from.
All present should be attired in the dress of the undead, and Bloody Mary will also be there donating blood to those in need.
Thanks for helping the undead cause! We currently need help getting the word out about the walk. Tell your friends and print out some of the flyers.
On the day of the walk, we’ll need help distributing blood. Email us for more information.
If you have fake limbs, brains, or other horror oddities you would like to donate for zombie prizes please email me.
The Toronto Zombie Walk is a non-profit event. We have a good gang of the undead helping out with their time, but we do need money for postering, as well as keeping the website going. We also need to pay for two city permits and insurance. If you want to make a cash donation, click on the button below to do so through PayPal. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks to Jawad Rathorne – “friend of the zombies”
The videos below show walk highlights from a couple of years. Watching them will give you a good idea of what a walk is like and will help you decide if you feel it is appropriate for your children to participate in.
The Toronto Zombie Walk is a weapons free event. Please leave your guns and weapons at home. The Toronto Zombie Walk retains the right to refuse any object that they deem is a violation of this weapons policy.